I recently fixed the wp:// link handler so that it goes to wikipedia's search function (which is smart, like PM's Search box, in that it goes directly to the matching page if there's only one).
This led me to thinking about other shortcut types as well. As a result, I'd like to make the following patches to handlelinks settings:
- add e2:// which goes to http://www.everything2.org/
- add imdb:// which goes to http://www.imdb.com/ (the "internet movie database")
- add c2:// which goes to The Wiki
- change jargon:// to go to the source, http://www.catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/
- change dict:// to go to http://www.dict.org/
Someone in the cb also suggested adding a shortcut type for del.icio.us. Could be fun, but I personally don't see much utility in it. Opinions?