in reply to Creating a perl developer survey
Without knowing the intent of your survey,
here is a random selection of questions that I find of interest:
- Do you have an account at Perl monks?
- How many developers in your team? company?
- What development "methodology" do you follow?
- How many lines of Perl code are there at your workplace?
- What are the most common code smells in your Perl code at work?
- Do you follow a Perl coding standard at work?
- Do you perform code reviews at work?
- Do you use Perl::Tidy? Perl::Critic?
- Do you document with POD?
- Do you use automated testing? TDD? Which testing framework/s do you use?
- Do you use an automated build system at work? Which build tools?
- How do you go about Perl debugging? Do you use the Perl debugger?
- What are your favourite Perl books? Web sites?
- What are your favourite Perl tools?
- What are your favourite CPAN modules?
- Which version control system do you use?
- Which bug tracking system do you use?
- Do you use a single OS? Multiple OSes? Which one/s?
- How do you code for concurrency? Perl threads? Processes? POE? AnyEvent?
- How do you do error handling? Logging?