Thanks all for the help.
As of now, I have re-wrote my sql's to get the desired results however the sql is not effective (though giving the correct result set)
My Data was
in reply to Re: Error "'exists ^0^' has chars not alphanumeric or underscore in perl"
in thread Error "'exists ^0^' has chars not alphanumeric or underscore in perl"
My requirement was to find only New records. So i got my result by running a small query of records present in table 2 which are not present in Table 1.
However same was not working fine in perl.
C2 C2 (Modified)
I rewrote my sql in such a way that I used minus first which gave me C2 and C3 records and then i again minus those records which are present in both. In short find out those records which are changed or new and then removed the changed records. So i got the new records.
Now with respect to solutions provided by all of you, I got to know the Report::Excel will not be to handle the complex queries. Also, I cannot use any other thing as I have a huge program which will require more time to rewrite if I use different module.
Also, I didn't get much time to read on interpolate variables as suggested, but still the point is the query works fine if it is exists clause and it doesn't if it is not exists clause. Probably I will read first and then will comment.
Thanks all for your help