in reply to
When travelling, what level of existential comfort do you require?
- Preferably one without any major leaks.
- Preferably one that locks from both sides, but at very least from within.
- Clean, Drinkable Water
- Filling water bottles from a machine is acceptable, so long as the dispenser is within walking distance. Having to boil well water or rain water is not.
- Indoor Toilet
- Affixed to an adequate septic system, automatic flush not required.
- Occasional outages (but no more than a few minutes at a time) are acceptable.
- Fast enough for a google search to return a result within 5 seconds. 3G is more than sufficient, dial-up over a wireless network would depend largely on the service provider, and signal strength.
- If no bed is provided, the sleeping surface must be easily cleanable, for example tile or linoleum. On a bare concrete or dirt floor, I would require an elevated sleeping surface, or at very least a bamboo sleeping mat. In open-air environments, such as rooms with a noticeable gap between wall and roof, mosquito netting would also be nice to have.
- Shower Head
- A vat of rain water with a bowl for dousing would be the minimum level of acceptability.