in reply to poll ideas quest 2013
Question/Topic: Do you use Perl::Critic/perlcritic in your coding projects?
- Yes-executed automagically by my VCS of choice on commit.
- Yes-executed automagically by my editor of choice on save.
- Yes-'perlcritic -5' (be gentle with me).
- Yes-'perlcritic -4' (Ooooh! I like it when you are stern with me).
- Yes-'perlcritic -3' (Harsher! Harsher! Oh yeah!).
- Yes-'perlcritic -2' (the crueler you are, the stronger I become).
- Yes-'perlcritic -1' (for only by brutal honesty can I strive for coding perfection).
- Yes-but the level I use depends on what I am working on.
- Intermittently-depends on the project/code I am working on.
- Intermittently-but trying to get better about it.
- Intermittently-when I think of it.
- Intermittently-I am just starting to try it out.
- No-I am aware of "best practices", but object to one or more suggested in the book.
- No-I am aware of "best practices", but who has the time??
- No-I let someone else (CowboyNeal, paco, NodeReaper, etc.) run it for me.
- No-I've written code for nn+ years-I don't need some script trying to tell me how to code.
- No-I don't need no stinking "best practices"!!
- No-does this mean you will not do my homework for me??
- What are these "best practices" of which you speak?