|XP is just a number|
Water or Coke?by princepawn (Parson)
|on Oct 20, 2001 at 04:41 UTC||Need Help??|
I, Terrence Brannon (firstname.lastname@example.org), reprint the following without permission of The Rationalist Society of St. Louis, Po Box 2931, St. Louis, MO 63130, USA from No. 608 May 2001 "Secular Subjects" in which it was originally published and also without the permission of "Indian Skeptic" (http://www.indian-skeptic.org/html/) which is where I read it and was floored by it.
Water or Coke?
In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.
One glass of water shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a U-Washington study. Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or a printed page.
Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.
Are you drinking the amount of water you should every day?
NO Wonder coke tastes soooo good.
1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.
2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in two days.
3. To clean a toilet, pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.
4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers : rub the bumper with a crumpled-up piece of Reynolds wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.
5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals : pur a can of Coke-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.
6. To loosen a rusted bolt: apply a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.
7. To remove grease from clothes, Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help lossen grease stains. it will also clean road-haze from your windshield.
1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days.
2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous material place cards reserved for Highly corrosive materials.
3. The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years.
Now the question is, would you like a glass of water or a coke?