Hi Marto. Thank you for your suggestion. However, the project is very big and packaging the script on MacOS is at the moment not an options (too many WIN32 modules, etc.). The approach works "actually" quite fine for any other aspects.
- There is no error in my perl code. I tested it with a simple mainwindow with an entry field (packed as exe). Simple like that. As I wrote, I tried several tk applications from others, and they all have the same problem.
- I suspect there is no bigger problem in the compatibility layer, as it works perfectly on any other (non perl/tk) application I tried. It is only with perl/tk that this appears
- There must be some encoding issues in Tk (at least for this very particular situation), and it must have to do with some encodings. Unfortunately I do not have any clue on how to try to solve it.