in reply to
- Never deploy software on a Friday.
- Never deploy software just before quitting time.
- Never deploy software just before lunch.
- Always backup the production code on the servers before updating it. Even with source control, and strict CM, you can't go home again.
- The old software had bugs, the new software has bugs. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
- Make sure someone else knows what you did and when you did it verbally. Chatter spreads faster than memos, and people listen to gossip.
- Invite others to watch.