Perl has all of the following going for it over ksh.
in reply to Comparison between Perl and Ksh
- It is a real programming launguage, you can write complete console, GUI, Web-based, heck any kind of software application in perl.
- Portable to Linux/Unix and Win32 and many others OS's
- Object Oriented capabilities
- Shells launguages generally just call other programs, perl can do this as well, and does this in a very flexible way.
- Support Modules for all three-letter buzzwords, XML, SQL, DDE, OLE, CGI, FTP, this may impress the boss, they all LOVE acronyms
- oh heck go ahead and use Shell; in your perl programs.
- all of this will go over your bosses head, so just focus on Buzzwords