in reply to
The One True Style of indentation:
Here's what they say to me:
- One space - Screw readability. I'm pissed they even make me separate my operators. Perl should be more like Latin.
- Two spaces - I have my head on straight AND I respect screen real estate.
- Three spaces - I have a little flair, or a nervous twitch. Or the second disguised as the first. Or you listen to waltz while you code.
- Four spaces - I read a few standards docs and now I think I'm all spiffy. Vannila Ice, I know you're in there.
- Six spaces - I have agression issues, and my outlet is machine gunning the space bar
- Eight spaces - You end every line with a meniachal "DIE! HAHAHAHAH! DIE! YOUR FRIENDS CANNOT SAVE YOU NOW."
- Tabs - I'm a lazy person. I know all of the vi commands by heart. Or you drank the 80's soda.
- Other - I'm a sideshow freak, and prefer to fill my ledgers with obfu.
- None - Satan. I know you're in there.
- However I feel today - I'd be you never shared an MP3 in your life!
- Random - Richard Nixon gave me peanut butter at midnight. Pass it on.
- All on one big line - Dammit, I'll buy a new keyboard this week. I promise.
- Python! - It's pronounced pee-thon