Ever had a really bad day?
Pointy Haired Manager saying: That needs to go there... no there... put it back where it was before...why doesn't it work now?...that's in the wrong place...who told you to change that?
Well I have and I've found a pattern to the effect that this has on my code.
- Comments disappear
- Regular expressions become more prevailent and the e modifier is used with frightening and increasing frequency
- maps and greps gather on lines
- back ticks leap out of the ether
- Comments are used to add sardonic humour
- heredocs or formats are used in all their terrifying special cases
After building up a whole raft of maintenace problems for myself I leave for home.