I start writing a DBI Cookbook for Database Administration (focus on Sybase).
Big title but not much contents at the moment.
The stuff I have so far covers:
- monitoring server (is it alive?)
- monitoring database and transaction log
- monitoring performance (cpu, io, hot objects)
- maintenance tasks (dbcc, indexes, partitions)
- Replication Server life, threads, diskspace
- working with repdefs and subscriptions
- monitoring and cycling errorlogs
- data and schema movement
- disaster recovery
I'm looking for ideas, scripts, snippets and other stuff you use or need in your daily admin work.
Work has just started and will be available soon on my web site.