in reply to
Re: POD in 5 minutes
in thread POD in 5 minutes
One comment: there is one section I woudl like to see expanded: links. I know it always takes me a while to figure out how to link to somewhere else in the file, outside of the file, what I am allowed to link to etc... and half of the time I get it wrong.
pod2html would break every promise I make, so here's my practical guide to linking in pod:
- Linking to URLs: Just put the URL in there and make sure it's followed by whitespace to avoid having too much interpunction in the link itself.
- Linking to e-mail addresses: Why? Want spam or something? Just put the address in there and it'll probably get linked - and harvested.
- Linking within the same document: pod2html will try to do this automatically.
- Linking to other documents: L<perlfoo>
I use explicit links only in SEE ALSO.
But I think only TorgoX really knows what is and what is not allowed.
- email@example.com (do not use).