Fair enough. I'm sure I could think of more if I looked. (Countries mentioned here, various cultures meant.)
- US: By anyone who is not Christian
- Turkey: just barely a secular state with huge dissent on whether it will stay that way.
- India, especially when talking about Moslems in government. Made that mistake once. Also topic of Kashmir in (religiously) mixed groups.
- Indonesia, in particular on Java, where the faiths mix. My experience is with Moslems and Christians.
- Taiwan: seem to think proselytism is strange (perhaps due to homogeneity this time?). Note: my friends also associate Christianity with US culture.
- Not really bad form, but try taking a pro-Scientology view in Germany. See how your friends react. Some liberal* European societies are not that liberal.
- Egypt: Topic to avoid if you are a Copt.
* Liberal in the sense of liberalism.
Edit: Added "By anyone" to first list item.