- Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe.
- A personal or institutionalized system grounded in such belief and worship.
- The life or condition of a person in a religious order.
- A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings of a spiritual leader.
- A cause, principle, or activity pursued with zeal or conscientious devotion.
Hmm, no, atheists don't fit definition 1. And I've never met an order of atheists, but I have found plenty of loners. So that eliminates definition 2. 3 is automatically eliminated, I've never met an atheist pope/messiah/prophet. And frankly, if they are number 4 I'd like to know how that works. Do you go out killing other religions screaming, "I punish thee in the name of all that does not exist!!!"
No sir....I would categorize atheism as a belief, not a religion.