in reply to Port Forwarding with Net::SSH::Perl?
This isn’t answering your question for Net::SSH::Perl, but if you’re simply interested in SSL connections to PostgreSQL you can do that through DBD::Pg.
To do that, follow these steps:
- Build and install an SSL enabled PostgreSQL (requires OpenSSL) - DOCS
- Configure the certificates - DOCS
- Build and install DBI - DOCS
- Build and install DBD::Pg - DOCS
- Require SSL on that connection - DOCS
It might seem a bit complex, but it’s very easy when you step though it. And when you’re done, using SSL to connect is simple and transparent.
Note: Make sure to read the DBD::Pg README on including the SSL lib (linked above).