On a related note, I'm hitting "help doc burnout" right now. Having had great fun programming our admin system, now comes the real drag of documenting *everything* (got to make sure this can stand on its own if I'm not around :).
To alleviate the boredom, I found the following helped:
- kolf - or whatever spaces you out
- walks / some other activity away from the screen
- Make bread - When I worked from home, I found making bread very theraputic - not only do you get to punch a lump of goo for ten minutes, but you also *have* to take several breaks from your PC to knead/prove/bake it. And the smell when done. Hmmmmm
- code treats - anything that really interests you? Voice XML? XUL? Something that lights the intellectual fire. I use it along the lines of, "I'll work solidly on this crap for 2hrs, then stop and play with XX for a while.
- Sleep - probably goes with the depression as well (at least it does with me). But, sleep when you're fried. Sleep is your friend :)