in reply to
Seven habits of highly careful coders
"...We usually answer. “That is up to you to figure out”
Speaking as a person who always wants to improve, I would raise this simple point:
- The person who is asking you wants to be a better coder.
- You have information that will make him a better coder.
- Your irritation level will likely decrease if his code is better.
- His frustration level will likely decrease if his code is better
- Your workplace needs better coders.
- The universe in general needs better code.
- You gain nothing by withholding this information and much by passing it on.