I'd be interested to know why someone thought a node was -- worthy.
A non-significant percentage of the votes I cast are --.
There are several reasons I -- a post:
- Off topic posts.
- Postings that are badly phrased, badly formatted, unclear or ambigious.
- Questions that ask to be spoon-fed, or contains hundreds
of lines of code and a "it doesn't work".
- FAQs, or questions whose answers could be found easily in the documentation.
- Answers that are wrong.
- Replies that don't answer the question.
- Followup questions of the form "that answers the question, but my real problem is..."
- Posts with misleading subjects.
- Opinions that are presented as facts.
- Posts that make wild claims without backing them up
with some proofs.
Now, the majority of the posts that I read and fall in one
of the categories, I don't give any votes for. But there
are reasons enough to vote --.