But I was posting in THIS thread,
And this thread was my (exasperated, exacerbated, frustrated) reaction to, the reaction to, the first thread.
Any attempt to divorce this thread from that thread, and view this thread in isolation, is like claiming "the guy died of a heart attack; the fact that I'd just shot him causing a through'n'through flesh wound is irrelevant".
You are expecting people to believe someone is actively doing things, without providing any evidence, except your experience.
How can I present evidence?
- Do I have access to the Perlmonks Logs? No.
- Do I routinely wire-shark my every interaction with this site -- or any other? No.
- Can obtain the PM database and perform a forensic analysis of it? No.
So, what do I base my charge on.
- The time line.
- The similarity of what happened to me -- I experienced it; I cannot prove I did beyond asking why would I make it up? What does anyone think I would have to gain from such an exercise -- to what has been recurrently reported by another monk.
- A private email (hearsay) from a third party, that I am not at liberty to divulge either author or content, but take to be convincing for several reasons, not least of which is that the author has historically no particular love for me.
Unsolicited and completely unexpected, it convinced me that I was right about both the time line and the mechanism; but off-base regarding the agent.
No surprise and no apology there. The complete lack of transparency means the best anyone could do is guess, accuse the 'obvious perpetrator', and gauge the reaction.
Regarding the non-issue of 'shithead' versus 'shit head'; google has them 473,000 & 925,000 respectively, so I claim a win based upon crowd-sourced wisdom. Wanna argue? Go ahead, but its irrelevant.
With the rise and rise of 'Social' network sites: 'Computers are making people easier to use everyday'
Examine what is said, not who speaks -- Silence betokens consent -- Love the truth but pardon error.
"Science is about questioning the status quo. Questioning authority".
In the absence of evidence, opinion is indistinguishable from prejudice.
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Titles consisting of a single word are discouraged, and in most cases are disallowed outright.
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||