Lately, for me:
in reply to Favourite modules March 2004
- File::Finder -- filter chaining all so much more elegant than File::Find
- Proc::Background -- makes me able to forget the differences of process execution between Win32 and other OS's
- File::Repl -- kind of cool non-local rsync-like module
- DBD::Pg -- the want for it never goes away :)
- WWW:Mechanize -- just played with it shortly, but definitely funky in a good way
- YAML -- actual concise hand-editable serialization! Yes!
- XML::Simple -- when folks aren't cool enough to use YAML :)
- Tk -- looks aside, you can't beat a clean GUI API
- MIDI::Simple -- has some fun examples, though my Computer Music for-fun projects aren't really going anywhere
- PAR -- solid gold for program distribution. Convert perl to binary, "essentially".