The modules I use most in my stand-alone scripts are: (list was generated by a script, strict and friends removed)
- Imager or GD (using Imager exclusively now)
- Parse::RecDescent (for fancy input parsing)
- DB_File (for hash-persistance)
- Tie::Hash::Abbrev (for shell like interfaces)
In my modules (http://search.cpan.org/~smueller
), I tend to require other modules: (hand-selected list)
- Test::More, Test::Distribution (staring to use this), Pod::Coverage
- Imager, GD
- many modules in the Math::* section since I'm developing Math::* modules myself pretty actively. Examples: Math::Complex, Math::Approx, Math::Spline, Math::Big*, Math::MatrixReal, etc.
- perltidy (or Perl::Tidy), well, at least indirectly.
- and many more...