Such a subroutine would be longer than my hack because of the number of variables. I'd need to use my hack (or B::Xref) to determine all the variables anyway. I don't have all my variables memorized, and I'm not sure which ones need to be reset for my new implementation so it's not so easy to implement some of the suggestions I've gotten. I didn't anticipate using the script in such a way, or else I would have cleared all the variables in the proper places as I created them.
There are a few ways to deal with this, and it's no big deal in my case, but something needs to be done about reset.
...still have to look into PodMasters __PACKAGE__ idea.
I have 14 subroutines.