My post-high school education is mostly in networking, so I remember things like these:
- Various TCP/UDP ports (22/ssh, 80/HTTP, etc.)
- Some RFCs (822 for message formats, etc.)
- 1500 bytes (MTU of Ethernet)
Most of the programming-related constants I know have already been covered, but here are few more:
- 6 bits to a byte in Knuth's MIX machine
- 54 is the limit of multi-dimentional arrays in VB (not that I want to know this . . . )
send money to your kernel via the boot loader.. This and more wisdom available from Markov Hardburn.