Remembering millions of digits of pi is trivial. Given time, I can cite a billion of them. Just don't ask me in which order they appear. Now for the useful constants I remember:
in reply to Re^3: Constants you cannot help but remember
in thread Constants you cannot help but remember
- 0 - first interesting number.
- 1 - last interesting number.
- 2 - number of eyes typical humans and penguins have.
- 3 - number of vertices of a triangle.
- 4 - number of players needed for a game of bridge.
- 5 - most symmetric multi-dotted face on a die.
- 6 - number of days in a week, not counting Wednesday.
- 6.5 - halfway 13.
- 7 - number of cardinal sins.
- 8 - only digit to divide the plane into three mutual exclusive subsets.
- 9 - number of known planets in the solar system.
- 10 - both interesting numbers!
- 11 - road number between home and work.
- 12 - number of steps of our staircases.
- 13 - twice 6.5.
- 14 - silver.