in reply to
A Proposal for Additional Levels
Looks interesting. I'd make a few changes:
- Bell-curve the votes. I'm hard-pressed to use a half-dozen votes when I log in, and I think that's not uncommon. 10 votes seems a more reasonable point for the pope than 100
- Voting should be worth less the higher up you go. I'd ramp it to zero chance of XP about 2/3 of the way up the level chart. If you want to be pope, it ought to be by other people's judgement of your actions.
- Might as well spread out the level powers some
- Allow people to opt out of the system and stop collecting XP
- Age the XP. Bits rot, why not XP?
Or, since it really is mostly meaningless, hand out xp at random and give a 4% chance per day of getting the Bozo The Clown background and image set...