in reply to
Re: PerlMonks::Mechanized (beta)
in thread PerlMonks::Mechanized (beta)
Putting it on Sourceforge might not be a bad idea. I'll look into that in the next day or two.
A few thoughts for things I plan to add or change in this module:
- Add a Recently Active Threads parser. This will be easier once a RAT XML ticker is available. Unless someone else gets to that first, I'll attempt it eventually.
- Add a normal displaytype (non-XML) node grabber, possibly combined with an HTML token parser.
- Add interoperability with some of the Monastery's nodelets.
- Fix the Janitor class so that it is smart enough to know the difference between different types of nodes. For example, currently if you edit the doctext field of a Code Catacombs type node, you're actually editing the code display segment, not the description segment.
- This would be a pretty major change, but I may make PerlMonks::Mechanized a proper subclass of WWW::Mechanize, instead of its current 'uses' relationship.