in reply to
Questions wanted for Pugs/Perl6
- How hard do you think it would be to turn Pugs into a Perl6 compiler?
- Do you think that with some Template Haskell trickery, you could use Pugs as a compiler with a minimal amount of extra work?
- Would you like to see a Pugs compiler?
- If there were a full-fledged Pugs compiler, would you like to see it support backends other than Parrot (i.e. C or LLVM or .Net)?
- Would you be opposed to having Pugs become the perl6 compiler/interpreter?
- Now that you've got some Perl6 experience under your belt, are there any features of Perl6 that you'd like to see added/changed/removed?
- Will Pugs on Haskell make it easier for me to make a statically typed dialect of Perl6?
- How long do you think it will be before someone writes a Haskell interpreter in Perl6 (which runs under Pugs ;-)
- Are there any plans to add optimizations to Pugs to make interpreted programs run fast (or is the main goal just a working, if not speedy, implementation)?
- Has the work so far been easier, or harder than you initially thought.
- What do you think of Parsec (compared to other parser generators)?
- Do you wish that people who complain about your good work would have enough sense to just keep their mouths shut?
-- All code is 100% tested and functional unless otherwise noted.