in reply to
Re^4: Analyzing large Perl code base.
in thread Analyzing large Perl code base.
That's perfect - you get to write your own specs! :-)
- Developer: What's the spec for feature X?
- Marketing: Uhhh ... well, what does it do now?
- Developer: It should do foo, bar, and baz.
- Marketing: Ok, sounds good to me.
- Developer: Do you mind if I write that up and send it to you for a signature?
- Marketing: (worried tone) Why would you do that?
- Developer: Just so that if I screw up, you can hold my feet to the fire.
- Marketing: (relieved tone) Oh, ok!
So, you then write whatever you want, Marketing signs off on it, and you go write your test suite, refactor against it, and everyone goes home.