In case you have been hiding under a rock since before February, the Pugs
project is giving us the ability to write Perl6
today. After only 100 short days of development, audreyt
and her gang of minions already have preliminary OO Support
The initial vision of the project has been usurped several times and it now has taken on a life of its own. Many people are afraid to get involved because they have heard that it is written in Haskell. Contributing to the code base is obviously a great thing, but remember that there is more than one way to help!
- Advocacy - Pugs, Parrot, Ponie, Perl6
- Ask for a feature. Sometimes people with time and knowledge don't know what to implement next
- Share your thoughts and ideas. Sometimes all you do is plant the seed, others water and care, and everyone enjoys the harvest
- Volunteer to write documentation
- Write p6 tests - even simple ones or for features that don't exist yet
- Port p5 code to p6 to help flesh out bugs, identify missing features, and provide examples.
- Do I need go on? Like any project, every little bit helps!
Some people may be wondering where they can find out more information. Besides the links I have already provided, you might want to consider: