There's no module installer in Pugs, yet, so I'm going to write one. Since the directory tree hasn't been laid out yet, this is your chance to maybe influence how P6 will build C6PAN module and where they will be installed. What I'm looking for is:
- Specifications - what do you want it to do? How do you want it to do it?
- Tests - you give me the tests, I write the code.
You don't need to be involved in Pugs to help with this. Just respond with what you'd love to see this thing to. Everything (except what's listed below) is up for debate.
- I'm going to take a page from the Module::Build folks and make this PurePerl.
This discussion is continued at Perl6 - Distribution builder/installer.
- In general, if you think something isn't in Perl, try it out, because it usually is. :-)
- "What is the sound of Perl? Is it not the sound of a wall that people have stopped banging their heads against?"