OK, OK, so these sound more like commandments than sins. I just figure given the religious undertones of the site we could use a hard point of reference when people do Bad Things.
- Thou shalt not post a Frequently Asked Question, nor shalt thou post what can be found through a trivial search.
- Thou shalt not post homework and attempt to pass it off as a legitimate "problem". Homework shall be labeled as such and help shall flow.
- Thou shalt not re-invent the wheel. Your Gods have blessed upon thee their Modules, and have declared these Modules fair and complete.
- Thou shalt not post without rich and accurate descriptions. Vague problems will result in, at best, vague answers.
- Thou shalt always use strict and warnings.
- Thou shalt always check for errors. All significant functions will report to thyself a success or failure, and error messages will appear in $! (or $@).
- Thou shalt not post SOPW questions in inappropriate places. Chatterbox solutions do not benefit the community.
2006-06-16 Retitled by GrandFather, as per Monastery guidelines
Original title: 'Commandments'