|We don't bite newbies here... much|
Problems with 'our' definition with perl 5.00503by cosmicperl (Chaplain)
|on Jun 30, 2005 at 00:24 UTC||Need Help??|
cosmicperl has asked for the
wisdom of the Perl Monks concerning the following question:
I've hit a problem installing one of my scripts on a server. The guy is running perl version 5.00503. It's having problems with each time I've used the "our" declaration for variables.
I update my code often so changing every occurance of our to my manually or using a script isn't favorable and I'd have to do it each time I update them (and I'm bound to forget).
I'm going to try to get his host to upgrade to perl version 5.8 or 5.6. But if they don't what I would like to be able to do is add a piece of code to the top of each script which:-
1. Checks in the our definition is avaiable.
2. If it isn't creates an our definition that sits on my so in effect acts as my.