in reply to
Catalyst usage in the wild...
I've discovered Catalyst recently too, and I must say that it's amazing to speed up your Web app development.
I used to work with an inhouse MVC framework that enabled me to produce stable app quite fast.
I stopped using it now in favour of Catalyst.
- First it's elegant ! it's a MVC Framework which fullfill all my needs in a simple way, while being easy to modify.
- The helpers allow you to unleash your lazyness, producing a lot of code (I hardly can call it a skeleton, as it's rather a complete application in the case of Catalyst::Helper::Controller::Scaffold)
- The included HTTP::Server is a big win for rapid prototyping/test (But using Catalyst on 'real' Web Server like Apache isn't a problem and is even the common practice)
- You're not tied to any technology for model or view components
- The Perl automated tests framework is used and promoted.
- And best of all the community is very responsive and answer all your questions on the #catalyst channel.
You don't have to believe me, but if you have some time just give it a try...
"Only Bad Coders Code Badly In Perl" (OBC2BIP)