in reply to
The Perl Crackpot Index
Very good! However, with
Low points for mentioning Larry Wall, Damian Conway, or Randal Schwartz
you've missed the point of the original. This should be
mentioning "Christianson", "Cousins", or "Dominous".
(I could add "Brian D. Foy", but I don't want to go there... ;-)
Now, how about:
- Arguing that Perl is a strongly typed language.
- Arguing that Perl is a weakly typed language.
- Claiming that Larry Wall doesn't truly understand Perl.
- Arguing that Perl doesn't really have closures.
- Arguing that lexical variables and/or namespaces actually
decrease program robustness.
- Claiming at least partial credit for the GRT.
- Asserting for oneself the license to be rude to newbies due to one's
seniority in the Perl community.
- Claiming that Perl, being interpreted, is inherently less secure
than languages such as Java.