in reply to munging the date for various uses
If you use POSIX::strftime you could improve your sub by accepting some integer value:
The more possible outputs you could add, the more useful sub it would become. Perhaps, having your own module of useful subs to load with every code you write...
- * If you don't receive any value or you receive 0 you would return your format.
- * If 1, the LINUX format: yymmddhhmmss (I guess).
- * Another format might be the MySQL one.
- * Another one, the short format mm/dd/yy hh:mm:ss
- * Then, the long one mmm,dd yyyy hh:mm:ss tz
- * Create others