This topic pops up occasionaly, and seems to keep boiling down to the same things:
in reply to time for new highs?
I'm not holding my breath for vroom or monks like merlyn, tilly, etc. to volunteer to judge their fellow monks' competance. Testing just doesn't seem too likely here.
- PM XP doesn't equate tightly to Perl abilities.
- Testing Perl ability is subjective at best, wildly inaccurate at worst.
- Testing Perl ability appears to be beyond vroom's intent for PM.
- PM XP does reflects some rough mix of a monk's:
- Site contribution
- Site participation
- Perl expertise
- Longevity at PM
- Hang out a bit and you quickly figure out who to respect and who has expertise in what realms.
The last time I felt unworthy of my rank, an elder monk said some of the above, followed by (and I quote)"Get used to it!" Mind you, I'm not comparing myself to any of our recognized Perl geniuses, just relaying what was told me. 8^)
striving for Perl Adept
(it's pronounced "why-bick")