The thread trolling
brings to a head a very important question to me. I have managed numerous BBS and forums online, and invariably a few people begin to disrupt the board.
Control of these disruptors is not easy:
1. remove their account - they resign under another account
2. try to censor them, they get more agitated and post more
3. use IP# to bar them, most have a range of IP#, which means potentially locking out others.
4. warn others about there behavoir and ask not to reply to them - new people always reply and others do not have enough control to not reply.
5. Invariable, a certain percentage will cry "censorship" and all that that intitles.
My question, how does PM manage the problem-maker. I could sign in under a new name and test myself, but think this is a better way to test it.