|No such thing as a small change|
Re: RFC: A simple and badly-named logging moduleby YuckFoo (Abbot)
|on Feb 17, 2006 at 21:56 UTC||Need Help??|
I like it, but here is a wish list:
* Default log file permissions 666. Setting umask in the main program doesn't seem to affect the log file permissions, not sure why.
* strftime string configurable. ISO 8601 be damned, the 'T' between date and time is annoying.
* PID logged instead of sequence number. This would allow me to unravel multiple simultaneous runs of the program. The sequence numbers can be derived later by the log parser.
* Record $0 and @ARGV in the 'Logging started' message.
* Line header shorter. Golf it a bit to leave more space for the good stuff. The colons do nothing for me and a single character T, D, I, W, X is as good as TRCE, DBUG, INFO, WARN, XCPT. How about: