Monks with amusing signaturesholli: You can lead your users to water, but alas, you cannot drown them.
kennethk: #11929 First ask yourself `How would I do this without a computer?` Then have the computer do it the same way.
Other MonkNodes with interesting links
Not many yet, please msg me with others as you find 'em!
Nodes with code I ought to revisit and play with:
- Re: list of unique strings, also eliminating matching substrings
- Re^2: Comparing a large set of DNA sequences
- Re: ASCII Battleship Program
- Re: Get random unique lines from file
- Re: C code pre-processor
- Re: Threaded Application Sequencing/Rendezvous
- How scalars work (about numbers, text strings, and binary strings) Some perl innards (UTF .. scalar...)
- Dominus A homepage w/ a couple of good refs
- PDF-->HTML via ghostscript
- Microsoft Word Table Reading
- Getting Locations using Distance
- Why won't this basic Parse::RecDescent example work?
- Re: How to de-reference a coderef? (B tricks) Accessing perl internals
- use CGI or die;
- CGI Help Guide I don't do http, but for those who do...
- DBI recipes
- Re^5: RFC: Abusing "virtual" memory (page faults vs malloc) (usage of Inline C)
- Using Win32::OLE and Excel - Tips and Tricks (see Windows Stuff section, too)
- Perl syntax & semantics
- Coping with scoping (offsite)
- Re: variable with $$ Why you shouldn't!
- Using Look-ahead and Look-behind Regex goodness!
- Re^2: Store regular expressions in a file. Spiffy read regexes from file w/ capture
- Perl Idioms Explained
- Secret Perl Operators: the boolean list squash operator, x!! Interesting operator combo
- Far More Than Everything You've Ever Wanted to Know about Prototypes in Perl (perl.com)
- Why it's stupid to 'use a variable as a variable name'
- Why it's stupid to 'use a variable as a variable name' part 2
- Why it's stupid to 'use a variable as a variable name' part 3
- Debugging Tips
- Perl Environment
- Re: Storable, Cygwin, and memory issues Changing memory limit in Cygwin
- Yes, even you can use CPAN Installing modules without root privs
- HOW2: Install & use old CPAN module without disrupting your installation
- Resorting to Sorting
- Re: Problem with HOA. Sort & map demo
- Re: How to deal with Huge data Merge sort #1
- Re: One to Many is Too Many? Merge sort pseudocode
- Regular Expressions
Someday, I simply *must* learn all the Unicode plumbing. I wonder why it's so complex. I'm squirreling this stuff away towards the day when I need it:
- PerlMonks usage
- Suffering from Buffering (offsite)
- ESR's "How To Ask questions The Smart Way" (offsite)
- Help for User Settings
- What shortcuts can I use for linking to other information?
- How (Not) To Ask A Question
- Re: The big Vote button Move "Vote!" button with CSS in "Display Settings"
- I know what I mean. Why don't you?
- last hour of cb
- Please post your code! (was: Re^3: Win32::Console question.)
- Re^2: background in <readmore> tags Put green bar to left of <readmore> tags
- Windows Stuff
- Word and PERL (offsite)
- Automating Windows Apps (perl.com)]
- Using Win32::OLE and Excel - Tips and Tricks
- [http://www.tek-tips.com/faqs.cfm?fid=6715|Tek-tips: use Win32::OLE to drive Excel
- Recommeded Reading for Newbies
- Keeping sharp and fresh Also tips for learning Perl
- On Interfaces and APIs It's important to get your interfaces right sooner rather than later
- (RFC) Arrays: A Tutorial/Reference data structures
- Read from STDIN when available allow console input while code is running
- Bidirectional socket communication
- Finding all Combinations
- (tye)Re2: Finding all Combinations
- Re^2: Finding all Combinations
- Generator of integer partitionts of n
- Re: Generator of integer partitionts of n
- From terminal output to avi - "let's go to the movies" explained Explanation of an obfu
- A Better Word Morph Builder
- Help needed understanding unicode in perl Unicode hints
- Re: possible combinations in sequence
- Re^3: Finding all Combinations
- Re: Speeding up point-in-polygon -- take two
- A few simplifications [Re: a problem with a point...]
- Re^2: Comparing a large set of DNA sequences
- Re: [OT] The statistics of hashing.
- Re: String replacement preparation for file comparison
- ...car ROI toy ... where did I put that?
- Re: There's a reply to a reply to one of my posts PM XML interface links
- Re: CPAN reverse dependencies CPAN dependency graph stuff
- Special literals taken literally
- Chatterbox to Festival Server (TTS output)
- parallel reading
- Learning by doing.
- Active Directory DC and OU
- Re^3: Help with Hash of hashes, is there a better way?
- Re^2: Consideration for others code
- #perl.br calc - A Perl Shell
- 2K130129: Added Win/SOAP, trivial format & content fixes
- 2K120425: Added a 'my better' node.
- 2K120414: Added debug link, noted mcdarren's site status.
- 2K120411: Added Unicode links
My better nodes: Apparently not many! ;^)
Stuff I should play with, should the time arise:
Last few changes: