in reply to Re: Z-Rated Code and Reinventing the Wheel
in thread Z-Rated Code and Reinventing the Wheel
You reinvent wheels when they are:
That's funny, but it's wrong:
- Out of balance
- Not round
Alternatively, you swap in a new wheel of the same make and model. So in those cases, you either patch or upgrade.
- If your wheel is out of balance, you realign it
- If it's not round, you tweak the spokes until it is
- If it's flat, you fix the puncture and re-inflate
You reinvent wheels if your current wheel:
- melts on hot tracks
- has no traction in the rain
- takes 30 minutes to change
Remember, Ovid is talking about race cars. The existing wheels were fine as wheels go, but they didn't bring him to the finish quickly enough, or didn't fit on his car.