The module is currently under ExtUtils:: as it interfaces with autoconf using the autoconf executables, which are external tools.
I didn't really know that autoconf is mostly written in Perl. I really like the idea of integrating autoconf into the distribution. I just took a look into it and saw that all executables of autoconf, except the `autoconf' executable itself, are written in perl. Unfortunately autoconf comes with quite a lot of m4 macros. These could be integrated with the distribution as well, but then it would still require an m4 executable, which, unfortunately, isn't written in Perl. So doesn't seem easily possible to integrate autoconf in my module, even if the idea is very appealing.