in reply to Random thoughts on programming
- Start writing the test harness before you start writing
the code you want to test... it can often clarify just what it
is you need to do!
- From time to time stop and think. It's not a luxury!
- Don't be afraid to experiment with different ways to do
things, not only might you learn something new; but you
might also understand occasionally why your original code
- Take time to clean your code up regularly... in
particular make an effort to be consistent even if it means
going back and reviewing existing code. Be critical.
- Sometimes you need to work at being lazy. Learn how to
use your toolset effectively. Add your own tools if you