Nice work (although the outcome is not unexpected ;).
Thanks -- I was hoping to see the result that I did actually see, but I was very worried. I've always assumed that placeholders are safe. With the uncertainty, I did what any engineer or scientist would do -- I conducted an experiment to find out what was really happing.
The modules like DBIxC and Rose sound nice, and I will try DBIxC again -- ten years ago I was putting raw HTML into my Perl CGIs, and that's a no-no for me now. Perhaps in another ten years there won't be any SQL in my modules because I'm using DBIxC. Or maybe I'll reach that state of Nirvana sooner. I'll see.
But if you really stick to plain DBI with placeholders you don't have to worry very much about SQL injection.
Alex / talexb / Toronto
"Groklaw is the open-source mentality applied to legal research" ~ Linus Torvalds