Most appreciated :)
- strict/warnings: I actually had those in the original script; as they are a part of the template that I set up for creating a new script (along with the shebang line and some #created on comments), I didn't copy and paste them. But I agree :D
- $_: I'd been pointed to a general rule of thumb that explicitly saying $_ was to be avoided when possible (although that it is probably okay in grep/map). Glad to know there is some varying opinions on this though!
- glob: Roger, I'll keep that in mind--is it faster or something?
- blocks: Will keep that in mind as well
- Renaming: I'll go back and take out the dot--it does make more sense. As to OS tools breaking, I think I'll go ahead and see what happens. I can always put the originals back in place if stuff is being weird. Thank you for the word of caution :)
The rating scale tends to be easy use for the extreme ends of the scale, which is what I was concerned with ;) Thank you for looking this over!!