in reply to Re^4: Math::Pari patch for 5.10.0
in thread Math::Pari patch for 5.10.0
On my perl-5.10 I had Test-Harness-2.64. I updated to version 3.10, and Math-Pari still builds and tests flawlessly for me.
I investigated further, here's my report:
With perl5.8.8 make test runs fine, with 5.10.0 (and blead) it doesn't. Both perls use the same version of ExtUtils::Command::MM (6.44) and Test::Harness (3.10). Furthermore I isolated the test file which seem to cause this strange error, it's t/55_objets.t (sic!). This test file uses test_eng/Testout.pm, which loads pari-2.1.7/src/test/32/objets (at least on my system). I reduced this file to
realprecision = 38 significant digits
echo = 1 (on)
realprecision = 57 significant digits
Now we run the t/5_objets.t test file:
That's all for today, maybe it could help the Math::Pari people to find the bug.
$ PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /opt/perl-33445/bin/perl5.11.0 "-MExtUtils::Comman
+d::MM" "-e" "test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/55_objets.t
t/55_objets...... All 3 subtests passed
Test Summary Report
Files=1, Tests=3, 0 wallclock secs ( 0.00 usr 0.00 sys + 0.04 cusr
+ 0.02 csys = 0.06 CPU)
Failed 1/1 test programs. 0/3 subtests failed.