I'm from Northen Wisconsin, so close enough. And I have German ancestry. I'm ~75% German, Dutch, and Austrian, and the remaining 25% is Norwegian, Irish, and Lenape. My living granmother is 100% German, and I grew up hearing German occasionallyoften all the time. I love Germany - I'm right at home in Munich, drinking Masses at the Hofbräuhaus and enjoying beer and a brats outside. When I'm up North, (especially around my family or in bars) I speak with a very heavy accent that has a lot of German influence (I watched Fargo and didn't notice an accent). When I went to college, I figured out pretty quickly that my accent isn't the most intelligent sounding, and I can turn it on and off. Sorry for the long winded post, but I guess it explains my sense of humor.