|Perl: the Markov chain saw|
Re^2: Need help on Net::LDAPby srinivas_rocks (Sexton)
|on May 12, 2008 at 07:58 UTC||Need Help??|
Thanks a lot for sharing your knowledge. I was looking out for authenticating users with LDAP server from my CGI page
Here is a brief overview on the integration:
1. Connect to ldap server.
2. Bind to LDAP server as anonymous.
3. Search in LDAP server with the username that is entered in CGI page.
4. With the obtained results we can confirm 2 things. One whether the user is present or not and if present we can get the dn of that user.
5. With the obtained dn repeat steps 1 and 2. While binding, use the password that is provided by user in CGI page
6. If bind is successfully, then the authentication is successful.
Hope the above information will be helpful for any one who is looking at same scenerio.
Looking for same support from all you guys.