Yes, I've gotten it to work. Here are the steps I used:
in reply to Strawberry Perl & DBD::mysql
Thanks to Randy Kobe and Chris Nighswonger (see http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=en:installation:win32:koha_3_win32_installer_project)
- Download the file http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/R/RK/RKOBES/mysql_config_win32.pl
- Make sure mysql.exe is in your path. Run it: perl mysql_config_win32.pl
- It will generate a mysql_config.bat and mysql_config.pl file, and install them to your mysql/bin directory, hopefully. On mine, I had to edit the .bat slightly to get it to work with Strawberry - remove the "%~dp0" prefix from lines 4 and 7
- Run "cpan" from the Command Prompt.
- run the command "look DBD::mysql"
- edit the Makefile.PL with the edits shown at http://strawberry.pastebin.com/f17b6dba9
- disable the server tests (if you want)
- perl Makefile.PL
- add path_to_mysql\lib\opt\libmysql.lib to the list of EXTRALIBS and LDLOADLIBS in Makefile Also, you need to make sure (it should already be) libmysql.dll is in your %PATH%. Note: since it was x64 windows mysql server bin\ that was in my %PATH%, I had to refer to the 32-bit libmysql.lib (stored in a different place), and also I had to put the 32-bit libmysql.dll in blib\arch\auto\DBD\mysql so that the tests run and it installed it correctly. That way (for me) it uses the 32-bit client .dll but operates against my 64-bit mysql server (which happens to be on localhost).
- dmake test
- dmake install