I use it for these reasons
- It works EVERY TIME (unless you don't have the module, etc...) with no escaping of characters because that is all done, within the script.
- It saves a lot of space that I don't have to type like the brackets and all the trash.
- The sticky fields come in handy, often.
- If the HTML tag doesn't already exist in the module, then you can just simply declare it on the command line and voila!
- Makes it MUCH more readable regaurdless if it is uppercase or lowercase, brackets or slashes.
Just my .02 cents...
Tiptoeing up to a Perl hacker.
Dave AKA damian